Due to the pandemic and supply chain issues, freight rates can vary widely from day-to-day and from state-to-state. Not every freight company delivers or picks up in every area.
To assure you get the most competitive freight rate possible, we now do the following for all SJF Material Handling online store customers:
- The minute we receive your order, we electronically send it out to 30 different freight companies to find the best freight rate quote for you.
- This process usually takes 1 to 2 business days for most freight carriers to provide us an estimated freight cost for your order.
- Once we hear back from these companies, we immediately review all the quotes provided and notify you of the best rate we could find for your order, shipped to your address of choice.
- While this process takes an extra day or 2, it assures you are getting the best freight rates available at any given time.
- Freight rates will be provided via email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure you check your spam email folder and add email@example.com to your friendly email list if you use email spam prevention software.
Special Note Regarding Freight
SJF provides freight quotes as a courtesy to our customers. Due to the size of our products, the space and/or quantity of trucks, these freight quotes are an estimate based on how product can be bundled together to minimize freight cost. Rates are calculated through a brokerage computer system of national carriers.
Note: Not all carriers are able to pick up or carry some of our products. When SJF is requested to prepay and bill the freight charges, a 15% handling charge will be added to the bill. Freight rates and carriers change daily. At the time of your shipment, if the freight rate is higher than quoted, we will contact you with the added cost.
Due to the unprecedented national COVID-19 impacts, and based on the unpredictable local and national climate with respect to stay-in-place orders and labor shortages, we regret to inform our customers that many freight companies are experiencing long delays in both picking up freight and delivering. SJF cannot foresee these delays and cannot be responsible for a carrier’s actions. Several carriers have also given notice that they will only accept any freight claims for 5 days after delivery, therefore any claim you wish to file must be noted immediately on the carrier bill of lading and claim filed within this time frame.
If An Item Arrived Damaged:
*Be sure to note any damage on the receiving record when your order is delivered. This is very important!*
If you had SJF coordinate your freight options:
Be sure to make detailed notes on the receiving record that the freight arrived damaged and call us as soon as possible. The signed delivery receipt represents your acceptance of the complete order in good order. If you fail to specify that your order arrived damaged or was missing pieces on the receiving record, there is very little we can do to help you file a freight claim. In addition, you will be responsible for any concealed (internal) damages if not reported to SJF within 24 hours of delivery.
If your order was shipped to you freight collect:
Please refuse the order and file a freight claim with the freight company.
It is important that you take photos of the damaged item(s) and email them to your solutions specialist or firstname.lastname@example.org before calling. Be sure to include a description of the problem and a way to contact you in your email.